Thursday 12 February 2009

SECOND ATTEMPT - STILL WITHOUT PHOTO'S

Still here with my leg up, but only because I'm being lazy, and not because my knee is hurting so much. Today was going to be a day of painting, it didn't work out like that, so the oil paints I thought I was going back to days ago have now dried up and I've ruined yet another cheap plastic palette.
Instead I've been ordering parts for the small minibus (you would be suprised how strong 10 year old boys are yanking at door handles that then come off in their hand) trying to buy a script liner oil painting brush and getting waylaid by an artist whose classes I went to several years ago and did a fabulous pastel drawing of a dog while there, shopping, taking the dogs and the cat (one of my cats thinks he's a dog and unless I lock him in the house comes to the woods at the end of the road with us) feeding the guinea pigs and generally messing about.
I had intended to put some photo's on here, which I took today, only to find my youngest son has run off with my camera to take photo's of stuff to put on ebay. I know he will be back with it tomorrow as he's just bought a small caravan, and found I have two gas bottles in my camper, and he hasn't got one in his caravan to test his appliances - yet!!

Getting fed up with the cold weather now, I'm itching to get down to my allotement to put more muck and compost on my wonderful raised beds that my husband made in rows for me last year. He even put me a brand new shed on there for my birthday, complete with big bow. At the moment they are all covered with one huge tarpaulin (I don't know how to spell that, but you know what I mean) that was left on an unused allotement, its come in handy. I'm hoping that the 7 mini fruit trees I put on the half of the allotement I don't use, and the 3 not so mini apple trees are still all alive. I had apples on them last year, the first apples, I watched them and watched them, and then they were gone - nicked!!!!!!! Why couldn't those pesky kids have taken some from the next allotement who had hundreds of big apples, mine were diddy little things, but perfect.

Well now I need to wait and get my camera back, so I can make this all pretty and creative (thats what I'd like to do anyway) with the photo's I've taken.

2 comments:

  1. Hey journalist Jac - it's almost like having coffee with you reading what you're writing, but without annoying old me interrupting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the idea of the gift-wrapped shed; I'm going to have trouble with that, somewhat surreal, image all day.

    ReplyDelete