Wednesday 11 February 2009

FIRST ATTEMPT

I have been wanting to start a blog for ages, and as I'm sat here with my leg up because of a painful knee, what better time to do it. I thought it would be easier than this, having realised how comfortable it is to use my husband's laptop on my knee while sat in a warm room, instead of on the main computer in a small room with no heating and a cat flap held open with string so that the cats will use it.
I didn't realise that the moment I sat down with the intention of not moving, I would be innundated with visitors, a son who had been to the dentist and needed tlc and rescue remedy, a father who doesn't usually stay long, decided he would stay for a cuppa, a stepdaughter stressed from work come to collect her dog, dissapointed because I hadn't done any tea, and three dogs and a cat that thinks he's a dog trying to sit on my head.

Now the third dog has gone home, my husband has turned up to find he's paying for a take away because, still, I'm not doing any tea, the cats are in front of the fire, Molly the dog has gone off sulking somewhere because I havn't moved, Gismo the dog is asleep dutifully by my side (making sure he's leaning on me so he can tell if I move) and my husband is stretched out on the other recliner setee supposedly watching the football, but talking and talking to me, unusually chatty for this time of night and trying to divert my attention from the computer, because I havnn't moved.

I've had a lot of fun looking at other blogs, I've looked at ones by people who are into creative things so far, how interesting. I've only realised recently that all the creative things I do are because they involve colour - painting, dyeing, glass painting, its all to do with colour for me. As a homeopath I often prescribe colour remedies, as Sir Issac Newton said "The Universe is filled with colour".

I've suddenly realised that all my photo's are on my main computer so I can't put any on this posting, so its going to look a bit of a poor show for the first post, but, I'm still not getting up. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I don't know what it is.

Here's hoping my knee will feel better tomorrow and I will want to get to my photo's.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray hooray my favourite Triker has got a blog! I shall put you on my favourite Blog list immediately and follow your antics. Sorry your knee is so bad - but it is for a reason and that reason is blogging!!! Like your spotty template!! Please comment on mine as often as you can because it makes me feel loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite mom has actually overtaken her 30 year old son in the technology area! how can she have a blog before me or even know how to do it! but well done mom x your pic looks good! I`m not up to much just chilling on sofa with my sexy woman and guess what..... 2dogs! i might get a blog soon and show my bike off & my landy!

    ReplyDelete